This statement is intended to provide information on how, and why, HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) collects and processes your personal information. HITIO’s processing of personal information is in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
Why do we process your personal information? We process your personal information to operate, provide and improve the services you receive as a member of HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS). The purpose of collecting personal data is essentially as follows:
- In order for us to be able to deliver the services you expect from us.
- Understand market trends and needs through statistics. We analyse data for large user groups in order to improve, and further develop, our services for you.
- Customise articles and information for you and your interests.
- Targeted marketing. We want you to receive information that is most relevant to you.
- To prevent unwanted or criminal activity. It is important to us that HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) is a safe place to exercise.
- As a member of HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) you will get information about our offers and activities.
What rules apply to the handling of personal data?
- Customer’s clients’ personal data will be processed by the Parties in accordance with the terms and provisions of the personal data processing addendum included in Schedule 1 (Personal data processing addendum) to these Terms, which form an integral part of these Terms and the Service Provider agrees to such process such data
- Wherever the Service Provider shall not be considered as an individual controller of a Customer’s, Customer’s employees or Customer’s clients’ personal data the Parties will enter into a separate data processing agreement.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by accepting these Terms and signing the Agreement, the Customer accepts the terms and conditions pursuant to which all personal data of the Customer, its employees and clients will be processed by the Service Provider.
What information do we collect about you?
- The information you provide when entering into a membership contract with HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) such as your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information.
- Information we, HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS), collect when you use our services, including how often you visit HITIO Gym and which ones you use, geographically.
- If you have a contact with a personal trainer, or have provided personal information to get a customised training program, this is also stored.
- Information we receive from others. In some cases, we may receive information from a third party, for example, to analyse our use of our digital surfaces. We can receive information from social media. When you use a social media feature on our site or in our applications, or when posting some social media, this will give us information about you.
- We may, on occasion, receive demographic information about you from a third party.
- Video surveillance – most HITIO Gyms (HITIO International AS) have video surveillance in public areas. Our video surveillance is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and is subject to the Data Inspectorate’s guidelines and requirements.
How does HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) use personal information? HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) processes the personal information you provide when you register with us and additional information you voluntarily supply. For example, when you provide personal information to a personal trainer. This can be name, address, email address and other information.
Registered personal data is treated confidentially with us and only those with official needs will have access to our personal records. As a rule, we will therefore not share personal information with anyone outside HITIO International AS.
The exceptions to this will be:
- When others perform services on our behalf, for example, when we use a third party to execute.
- Payment transactions, collection, and system vendors – these companies will not be able to use this information for anything but performing services for us.
- For security reasons – to protect you from others accessing your user account.
- In case of suspicion of an offense, information may be disclosed to public authorities upon request. We will also be able to disclose information in case of suspected fraud or information that is needed to clarify specific disputes.
What rights do I have?
Under statutory terms, you have the right to:
- Access the personal information stored by us about you.
- Request rectification of incorrect information, limitation of the amount of information or deletion of your personal information.
- At any time be informed of information processed on the basis of consent or revocation of consent given.
- Receive personal information you have provided in a structured machine-readable format (information transferability).
How can I manage the information about me? It is important that the information we have about you is correct. You can update your information on the HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) membership portal.
When you terminate your membership with HITIO Gym (HITIO International AS) we cease collecting your personal information, unless it is required by law. In addition, we anonymise your data after a maximum of 5 years, with a few exceptions. An example of such an exception is that for accounting reasons we are required to keep payment transactions for 5 years, then it is only information about the actual payment transaction that is stored.
Marketing Communications In order for HITIO International AS to send you relevant marketing information, your consent is required. This consent may be given during registration, either via the Internet or at the gym. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may choose to revoke your consent at any time by logging in to ‘my site’ at hitiogym.com.
Data Protection Officer HITIO Gym International AS has its own privacy representative to ensure safe and good processing of personal data. You can, at any time, contact us at [email protected] and request access to the personal information we have about you. You have the right to receive this information, without compensation, in accordance with the requirements of the legislation.